Student Engagement Through Student Employment
NIGHT OWL IS A STUDENT ORGANIZATION OF KENNESAW STATE’S DEPARTMENT OF EVENT AND VENUE MANAGEMENT. WE STRIVE TO MAXIMIZE STUDENT EMPLOYMENT BY PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES TO GAIN HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE THROUGH EVENT AND VENUE MANAGEMENT. WHILE CREATING A FUN, YET PROFESSIONAL WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT FACILITIES MEMORABLE EVENTS, PROVIDES STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND EXPERIENCES THAT BENEFITS OUR STUDENTS, CAMPUSES, AND GREATER COMMUNITY.
- Established September 2012 as a student entrepreneurial workforce, serving the Kennesaw State community
- Currently employs 300+ students with various roles including but not limited too leads, assistant leads, part-time, and event staff
- Offers hands on training and jobs for student employees in sales, marketing, audio production, visual production, operations, event planning, staffing, recruitment, logistics, retention, and guest experience.
- Allows students to have a larger impact throughout Kennesaw State and the Department of Event and Venue Management
- Provides leadership opportunities for students to gain experience with staff supervision, event logistics, management and leadership development.
- Gives students the opportunity to build relationships with industry leaders and peers with similar interests and goals.